Applying for a Teacher Certificate

If you have completed the teacher education program at the University at Buffalo, and you are in the process of applying to the New York State Education Department (NYSED) for the issuance of a teacher certificate associated with the completed program, the links and information on this page will be helpful for you.

If you are applying for a teacher certificate not associated with the completed program, please contact the certification officer of your local Board of Cooperative Educational Services (BOCES) or the Office of Teaching Initiatives within NYSED.