• For those men and women who have served our country, we are eager to serve you in obtaining a degree. Thanks to the Post-9/11 G.I. Bill, higher education has become more accessible for service members. We also understand the balance required to transition from the military life to an academic one. The University at Buffalo and the Graduate School of Education are dedicated to providing the services required to make this transition an easy one.

    Get the support you need and the benefits you deserve. We’re here to help student veterans (and their dependents) make the transition to college and be successful at UB. Whether you need help with your benefits paperwork, a connection to local and national groups that support veterans, or just someone to talk to, we’re here for you.

    Dan Ryan, Director

    Becoming a Student



    Efner “Lucky” Davis Veterans Lounge - Dedicated May 1, 2018

    The Efner “Lucky” Davis Veterans Lounge, located in the Student Union, Room 321 is open to all student veterans. To access to the lounge, contact Veteran Services.

    About Efner “Lucky” Davis: A World War II veteran from Arcade, N.Y., Lucky joined the U.S. Army Medical Corps and served in the 37th Infantry Division. By way of this lounge, Lucky sought to ensure student veterans have a safe place to relax, build a strong campus community and excel academically.

    Lucky Davis speaks to Veteran student graduates.
    • Military Friendly School 2023-2024
    • Military Spouse Friendly School 2022-23
    • Service Opportunity Colleges (SOC) institutional member 
    • Concurrent Admissions Program (ConAP) member
    • 2023 “Best for Vets” school - Military Times
    • U.S. News and World Report ranked 48th for veterans