Financial Aid

Financial aid (e.g., loans) administered through the State of New York and the federal government, for students with financial need, is only available to domestic students.

FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)

Domestic applicants should apply for financial aid by filling out a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online. The FAFSA is an application for student aid that collects the basic information needed to determine your eligibility for all of the financial aid programs sponsored by the federal government.

You may receive detailed information by contacting UB's Office of Financial Aid.

Federal TEACH Grant

The Teacher Education Assistance for College and Higher Education (TEACH) Grant Program provides grants to students who commit to (among other requirements) teach:

  • in a high-need field
  • at a public or private elementary school, secondary school or educational service agency that serves students from families with low income
  • for at least four complete academic years within eight years after completing (or ceasing enrollment in) the course of study for which you received the grant

UB Office of Financial Aid

For eligible students, there are a number of ways to finance the cost of graduate education. The UB Office of Financial Aid assists students with the financial aid process and their options for funding.

Information is subject to change without notice due to changes in federal, state and/or institutional rules and regulations.

Campus and Part-Time Jobs

The Office of Career Services can help students interested in working during their studies. Students who are eligible to work on campus may find a position as one of the following: student assistant, work study or graduate/research/teaching assistant. 

Related Links