Colloquium Date: November 15, 2022
GLYS WNY, as a subchapter of GLSEN, provides their Safe Space training to help educators create a safe space for LGBTQ+ young people in schools by teaching them:
- What is a safe space?
- How to be a good ally
- Gender Identity vs Gender Expression
- The dos and don'ts of allyship
- How to properly use someone’s preferred pronouns
- How to educate about anti-LGBTQ+ bias
- Measures you can advocate for in your school
*please note: this training meets NYS requirements for staff training under the Dignity for All Students Act (DASA)*
This event is sponsored by
A boxed lunch will be provided for in-person attendees including choice of sandwich or salad, chips, water, and cookie!
One hour of NASP approved Continuing Professional Development (CPD) is available for this event!
Registration for this event is now closed. If you would like to receive the link to attend, please contact Brie Kishel, program & operations manager, at email@example.com.