Our advanced certificate program in college teaching is for you if you teach or plan to teach within post-secondary education and you would like to enhance your skills and employability. This program prepares you—with your pre-existing content discipline expertise—to use the elements of effective college teaching, assessment, technology integration and 21st century learning tools.
Students in the college teaching program may start in any semester.
To apply, you must submit:
- An online application
- Application fee: A $50 non-refundable fee, submitted electronically through UB's ePayment system.
- Transcripts from all colleges attended. (Current UB students and UB alumni do not need to request an official UB transcript; we will download and print your transcript.) 3.0 general undergraduate cumulative GPA is expected.
- Career goals statement: a clearly written personal statement that speaks to your personal career goals, explaining your personal commitment to College Teaching, and addressing an educational or social issue in College Teaching that is of personal interest.
- Two letters of recommendation:
(not required for current UB students enrolled in a program)
- one letter addressing your academic abilities and experiences
- one letter addressing your teaching and/or professional experiences
Admissions Decision: The admissions decision will be communicated to you as soon as review is complete. The decision is based on a number of factors and is the result of a thorough and deliberate process. All decisions are final and cannot be appealed.
International Applicant Additional Requirements
- Official original proof of degree
- A copy of your passport biographical page
- Official test scores for either the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language), the IELTS (International English Language Testing System) or PTE (Pearson Test of English) Academic. Test scores must be dated within two years of submitting your application
- TOEFL minimum score is a 250 for a computer based test, 600 for a paper based test and 96 for the Internet based test.
- IELTS minimum score is 7.0 overall with no individual sub-score below 6.5.
- PTE minimum score is 55 overall with no individual sub-score below 50.
- Financial documentation – International graduate applicants must document their ability to pay for all costs incurred while studying in the U.S.
- An official bank statement translated into U.S. dollars
All financial forms and supporting documentation with required signatures must be uploaded with your application, and must be dated within one year of your intended enrollment date.